Store Detectives & Retail Loss Prevention Services
While overall crime has fallen significally in the UK, shoplifting offences are up 6% in average
( theguardian, April 2014 )
- costing UK retailers more than £511m a year with almost quarter of theft never detected.
If you are running a retail business, a lot of theft result in lost sales and profits,
and the most effective way to suppress customer theft is to use professional store detectives.
Store detective can either add value to your business or can become a serious liability by either
apprehending or antagonizing the wrong customers.
At London Security Services , our professional store detectives can either blend in with your staff as plain clothed security officers, or
can act as visible deterrent and operative actively in our London Security Services smart uniform.
Their job is prevent theft from your customers and staff while working with the management and store manager.
These are the duties of store detectives in your retail business:
- Recognise suspicious behaviour professionally and discreetly and then act according to the company policies
- Watch and observe potential suspects without actually watching and without sterotyping people by color or ethnicity
- Chase shoplifters if they have to, detain them and recover stolen goods.
- Advise store management on security issues.
- Search all members of staff and be aware of any traffic in or out of the store, including cleaners, delivery men, decorators, etc.
- Be vigilant at all times and not to become complacent as oppotunists usually try their luck at any time.
- Store detectives are not encouraged to form close relationship with the store staff.
- Be physically fit and have confidence to challenge suspect thieves when necessary.
- Carry our searches of suspects.
- Liaise with the local police; take evidence from witnesses;and write short and well-written reports.
- Keep step-ahead of thieves when it comes to detagging goods, cancealing good, distraction, price swapping, fake returns
and accidental stealing
- Approach and offer assistance even if someone is behaving oddly. Ask if they need any help
- Decline entry to known offenders
- Make sure the rules of changing room are followed by all customers
- Watch cash registers when the cashier is away
All our store detectives are fully licensed by the SIA authority and have at least two years experience within the retail sector.
Using this form, please describe in details your security requirements so we will be able to estimate the right quotation that fits your budget.
Get a quote